- Privacy Notice & Terms
- INTRODUCTIONWelcome toSeeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust “Privacy Notice”.Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.This Privacy Notice applies to all/any user accessing or availing the services on the Platform. You may also download a complete version of the Privacy Notice here. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
- WHO WE ARE
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE :
This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust collects and processes your personal data through your use of the Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust website and connected services (the website and connected services are collectively referred to as “Platform” in this Privacy Notice).The Platform is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
The Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust Group is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found here. This Privacy Notice is issued on behalf of the Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust Group so when we mention “Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust Group responsible for processing your data. Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust is the controller and responsible for this website.We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the date privacy manager using the details set out below.Contact Details:
Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust
Name of Data Privacy Manager: Deepa v l Nair, Product Manager
Email address: INFO@SMES.ORG.IN
Address: SEETA RAM ENVIORNMENTALS TRUST
- 39, Nasirabad Road, Behind Cornark Restaurant, Toshika ViharDanta Hill, Danta, District Ajmer [Raj],
- Mobile:- 9521314999,
- CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This version of the Privacy Notice was last updated on 21March 2023 and previous versions can be obtained by contacting us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE :
- WHO WE ARE
The Platform may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Platform, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, the language you use, and gender.
- Contact Data includes your email address.
- Financial Data includes your payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you may have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your geo location, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Platform.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATAWhere we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to offer the services that we aim to. In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- DIRECT INTERACTIONS
You may give us your identity and contact information by using our Platform. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on the Platform;
- subscribe to our publications, newsletters;
- request marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONS
As you interact with our Platform, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. The session timeout duration on Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust is 365 days.
- THIRD PARTIES OR PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCES
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google;
- advertising networks such as Facebook, Taboola, Outbrain, CTN, Google, Adgebra and
- search information providers such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe, Razorpay, PayU, Citrus, Bill desk.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Facebook and Google.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DIRECT INTERACTIONS
|PURPOSE / ACTIVITY
|TYPE OF DATA
|LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INCLUDING BASIS OF LEGITIMATE INTEREST
|To register you as a new user
|Performance of a contract with you
|To process and deliver your order including:
a. Manage payments, fees and charges
b. Collect and recover money owed to us
e. Marketing and
|a. Performance of a contract with you
b. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
a. Notifying you about changes to our terms or Privacy Notice
b. Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
d. Marketing and Communications
|a. Performance of a contract with you
b. Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
c. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
e. Marketing and Communications
|a. Performance of a contract with you
b. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
|a. Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
b. Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
e. Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the services, we offer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are wherever appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground, we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
USE OF THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology previously described in the “Cookies and other electronic technologies” section to help us analyse how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, and provide certain features to you.
The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. This information may be used to place interest-based advertisements on the Platform.
This may result in you seeing Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust advertisement when you visit other websites. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
COOKIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGIES
When you interact with the Services, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Platform, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application, and that stores and sometimes tracks information about your use of the platform.
A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web or application session and expire when you close your browser or exit the application. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last longer.
Some of the cookies used by the Platform are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
(1) allow you to navigate and use all the features provided by our Platform;
(2) customize elements of the layout and/or content within the Platform and remember that you have visited us before;
(3) identify the number of unique visitors we receive;
(4) allow us to provide you with a customized experience; and
(5) inform us how you use the Platform (including how long you spend on the Platform) and where you have come to the Platform from, so that we can improve the Platform and learn which functions of the Platform are most popular with users.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.smes.org.in which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers or mobile devices.
You may also consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explore, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website
Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
If you are accessing our Services through a mobile device, you can also update your privacy settings on your device by setting the “Limit Ad Tracking” and Diagnostics and Usage setting property located in the
settings screen of your Apple iPhone or iPad, or by resetting your Android ID through apps that are available in the Play Store.
You can also limit information collection by uninstalling the App on your device and you can use the standard uninstall process available as part of your device for this purpose.
We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on our Platform, as well as on other websites you visit.
The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you.
These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Also, third parties whose products or services are accessible or advertised on our Platform may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the website as discussed above.
We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, AdWords and others) to serve tailored ads to you on our website, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the website.
We may provide our customer information (such as a hashed version of your email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to target or “retarget” you with ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications. (You may opt out of these many of these service providers as described in the next paragraph.)
If you receive tailored advertising on your computer through a web browser, you can learn more about such tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, by visiting the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Ad Choices Link for EU based advertising or for US based advertising either:
(i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or
(ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into our website or other websites that you visit, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
USERS IN EUROPE
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the information we are processing about you.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate information that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain information we hold about you in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) information that you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data solely on the basis of your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal basis for processing your information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing consent. If you have consented to our processing of your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes where you wish to opt out from marketing messages.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your information by sending the request to us at Info@smes.org.in or mailing address set forth under “Contact Us” in the end of this page.
For your own privacy and security, at our discretion, we may require you to provide your identity before providing the requested information. Please note that Seeta Ram ENVIORNMENTALS Trust may take up to 30 days to fulfil such requests.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. A list of local data protection authorities in European countries is available here.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
As your personal data is shared with us, it will involve transferring your data to Singapore. Many of our external third parties are based in India and United States so their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the country in which you are based. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the country in which you are based.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulatory of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
- DATA SECURITY
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
Request access to your personal data
Request correction of your personal data
Request erasure of your personal data
Object to processing of your personal data
Request restriction of processing your personal data
Request transfer of your personal data
Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact us.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- GLOSSARY: LAWFUL BASIS
Legitimate Interestmeans the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience.We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us. Performance of Contractmeans processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
THIRD PARTIESInternal Third Parties: Other companies in the Seeta Ram Enviornmentals Trust Group [acting as joint controllers or processors] and who are based in India and United States and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting. External Third Parties: Contact, Payments and Transaction data service providers.YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedom.You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedom.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer
of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.